Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Very Random Picture Post

Hey Ya'll this is a very random post, especially the last picture...hehe
The rest of the pictures were taken a while back, and I just never posted about them.
Me and my family went to an old home place, where they show you how they would celebrate Christmas back in the 1800's. It was really cool, and really cold...But they warmed us up with some hot apple cider at the end. Here's some Random pictures for ya~
One of the Ladies working in the Kitchen, making corn bread...
a very important thing to make in the South!

Trying some homemade gingerbread...

Weird picture of me....standing outside on of the old houses.


A 1800's Christmas dinner...it looked really good....a funny thing one of the Ladies told us, was when the civil war was over, and the South were still very poor, they couldn't give their children gifts like they wanted to, so they told them that the Scallywag Yankees had kidnapped Santa Claus, so that's why they didn't get any presents...hehehe I thought that was funny~


I told you the Last picture was funny, I found this when I went to google something the other day, and I just had to save it! I mean who doesn't like Popeye?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That looks like a really neat place! It sounds like something me and my mom would have enjoyed going to. We love history! :)

Oh, and that last picture is definitely random, but I love it! I noticed it when I went to my Gmail account the other day. ;)

~ Blessings,
Lindsay

Katie said...

Haha, I was greeted by the Popeye picture when I got online a few days ago. : ) I thought it was pretty cute!