Monday, March 16, 2009

College Spotlight Of the Week

I thought I would Highlight all the Fundamental,

Bible-Believing, Colleges out there.



Here in America we are blessed to have so many great Bible colleges, that are training young men and women in the straight and narrow way. I believe we should pray for these places,so that's why I thought I'd pick one each week to pray for.


This week please be praying for


The Crown College of the Bible...





I love Crown College! My cousin and his wife attended Crown, and I know several other people there. Dr.Clarence Sexton is one of my favorite preachers. He is truly a great man of God, he is so humble and yet he has so much wisdom. Two years ago I talked to him at the Sword of the Lord Conference, He signed my Bible and talked to me like he really knew me. I was so blessed after I talked to him, He encouraged me so much. His sermons always stand out in my mind from past years. They are always so convicting and at the same time uplifting.




The Crown College of the Bible is such a great place, I pray God will continue to bless and work in this place and that great men of God will leave there and win souls for Christ for many years to come. If there are any students from Crown that visit my blog, please leave a comment so I can personally pray for you and you can tell me all about Crown. So this week pray for The Crown College of the Bible... Next week our spotlight will be on Golden State Baptist College.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been a student at Crown? They suffocate you. I grew up in a IFB church but this place made me feel like a child - many rules, very little freedom.

Rebekah said...

Thanks For your comment,
No I have never been a student of crown, But I don't know why their rules would suffocate you. With out rules we would have total caos! Everyone would just have it there way without considering the results. I have the highest regards for Dr. Clarence Sexton and Crown and I believe that Dr.Sexton bases he's standards on the Word of God,and the Standards of Crown. and if that sufficates you than something must be wrong, because we should want to live the closest to the Bible as possible,I believe we can't be truly happy until we do. Maybe it made you feel childish because,you accepted the rules like a child, instead of embrasing them and backing them up with scripture and making them your own. You wanted it your way. Tell me what did you want freedom to do? I'm sure that the rules @ Crown were there, like most rules are made for, to protect you.Maybe you didn't need the rules,I'm not saying you are a bad person, and would want to do everything opposite of Crown.I believe that you should be able to make our own decisions, and have your own standards when you leave your home and go to college. Then you should go to a college that matches up with those standards, if you want a college with no rules I suppose you should of just went to a normal secular college, with no rules based on the Bible. I know Christians will not always agree on everything, I have standards you don't have, and maybe you have some standards I don't. I'm not one to judge. But I believe Crown had your best in mind, trust me I have known some students who have broke the rules, or didn't heed to Godly wisdom, they truly regret their decision. I only want to live and serve for the Lord, while encourageing others to do so, and to be joyful while they do. I hope you take what I said to heart.

Obey them that have watch over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Hebrews 13:17